Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The BIG 6

The big 6 was developed by Mike Einsberg and Bob Burowitz. It is a teaching approach to teaching information and technology skills in the world. It is used in many schools and is a problem solving model. Mike Einsberg (2010) believes 'The Big6 integrates information search and use skills along with technology tools in a systematic process to find, use, apply, and evaluate information for specific needs and tasks'.

21st Century learners need to be able to solve an information problem. Information problem-solving engages with 6 stages. These 6 stages are the steps to illiminate that 'information overload' and to find the specific information that is needed.

I found some great posters with key questions that I would use in my classroom to incorporate the big six with my learners and to enhance their information problem solving skills!



















What are your ideas on the big 6 theory?

1 comment:

  1. Renee,
    These posters are great! They really helped me get my head around the BIG 6. I would definitely use these in my classroom. Thanks =)

    Ash

    ReplyDelete