Friday, July 16, 2010

Weebly Websites


This website was made using weebly.com. I had a play around on this site and it took me only a short time to navigate my way around the site and create the layout as above. I found that learning how to use this tool is very useful as it took my fear away from making a 'website'. I always thought that creating a website would take hours of frustrated time just to create a home page, however, using weebly I have realised that this tool is fast, effective and fun! I will use this tool in the classroom to create websites for different units of work, for assessment, web quests and fun, classroom activities. I would recommend this site to any teacher to use as it would be beneficial for all learners to gain interactive knowledge and understandings using a well created website. What are your ideas on creating websites? I have seen a website created by a year 5 teacher who created an Indigenous Australian website for students to use.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Renee,
    Yes, creating a website for your students I think is a very effective tool for teaching and learning. I was thinking perhaps you could set up a website filled with homework tasks (similar to a Virtual Classroom) and have students access links or activities online, using your website. I think this would assist students to become more confident with technology, and would also make homework a fun task as students wouldn't be required to do the old "fill out this worksheet" tasks. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete